WhatsApp web is a platform where you can communicate to people through your WhatsApp account with WhatsApp web QR code on your desktop PC. You don’t have to make another WhatsApp account to use web whatsApp desktop; you’ll use the same account on both your mobile and desktop. In short, WhatsApp web is the WhatsApp for Pc where you can access your messages on the web.
Table of Contents
How to use WhatsApp web on Desktop
Setting up WhatsApp web and using WhatsApp account on your PC isn’t rocket science, but seeing it for the first time might face difficulties in using it. We’ll quickly guide you on the ways to access your WhatsApp mobile account in your WhatsApp web app and how to use it further. The most important thing you must keep in mind is that your mobile must have a good internet connection and active WhatsApp.
- Run the WhatsApp application on your mobile phone.
- Open the settings menu on your app and click on WhatsApp Web.
- Turn on your Pc and open web.whatsapp.com on your browser.
- Use the WhatsApp web QR code scanner on your mobile device to scan the web screen’s QR code.
- Now you can access all the features of your WhatsApp mobile on WhatsApp web.
How To Logout WhatsApp From WhatsApp Web
It is always beneficial to logout your WhatsApp account so that no one else can access your messages. By following these easy steps, you can logout your WhatsApp account from WhatsApp web. There are two ways of logging out from the WhatsApp web.
Logout directly through the web
- On your web WhatsApp, you’ll see a three dots icon on the top left of your screen.
- When you click that icon, you’ll see different options, including the Logout option.
- You can press the Logout option to Logout your account from the web.
Logout through Mobile App
- Run the WhatsApp application on your mobile phone.
- Click on the Settings menu.
- Open WhatsApp Web option.
- There you’ll be able to see all the active sessions.
- Click on Logout from all devices, and your WhatsApp will be closed from all Desktops.
Features of WhatsApp Web
Helps to Keep the Conversation Going: If you’re doing something else on your mobile and the other side you want to access something from a WhatsApp chat, you can easily access the chats and its messages on the WhatsApp web.
Send media files to any of your contacts: – The best part about the WhatsApp web is that you can even send the media files, including pictures, videos, and documents from your Hard Drive to any of your contacts. Moreover, in the attachment menu, you can also find an option to click the images from your webcam directly.
Create Group Chats: – On your WhatsApp web, you can also create group chat that will allow you to talk to more than one person at a time. When you open your contacts, you’ll see a ‘’+’’ icon. Group chats can be created by pressing that icon.
Sending Audio Messages: – Though WhatsApp Web video call on a laptop isn’t available, you can still send the audio messages by clicking on the microphone button to record your audio.
Change Profile Details: – You’ll be surprised to hear that you can even change your profile picture and name on your WhatsApp web. All you need to do is click on the profile to change the settings you want to change. Apart from this, you can also change your chat background through the web.
How to Enable WhatsApp Video/Voice Calling on Desktop
As you know, some of the WhatsApp mobile app features are missing on the WhatsApp web. You can send pictures, videos, audio messages, and documents through the web but Voice/Video calling feature is still not available.
If you still want to do calls through the web, you must follow these steps, but you should keep in mind that this method has one drawback.
- Download Bluestacks emulator on your Desktop.
- Once it is successfully downloaded on your PC, open the WhatsApp app through it, and register your number.
- The major drawback regarding this method is that you can’t use WhatsApp with the same number on your mobile if you’re registering your number on the Bluestacks WhatsApp app.
- Once your mobile number is successfully registered on the Bluestacks WhatsApp app, you’ll be able to do calls without any problem.
WhatsApp Web Download
Before downloading WhatsApp web APK, you must ensure that your WhatsApp is connected on your mobile device. From the official WhatsApp website, you’ll be able to find the WhatsApp app for Laptop windows 10. Moreover, you can also find WhatsApp web download Windows 7 64-bit link there. By clicking on the link, the application will be successfully downloaded on your Desktop.
How to use WhatsApp Web in Mobile
- Open web.whatsapp.com on your mobile browser.
- Convert the website to the desktop version by tapping on the three dots on the top right. The QR code will appear to scan.
- Run the WhatsApp app on the 2nd mobile device.
- Go to settings and click on the WhatsApp web on your mobile app.
- The last step is to scan the QR code located on the browser of the first mobile. You have to scan the QR code from the WhatsApp App on your 2nd Mobile Device.
- Now you’re ready to use WhatsApp web on mobile.
More: PC App Store
How can I get WhatsApp QR Code?
When you open web.whatsapp.com on your desktop, you’ll see a QR code to scan.
Can I use 2 WhatsApp Web?
Yes, you can use 2 different WhatsApp accounts on the same browser. All you need is an active WhatsApp account on 2 different mobile devices.
What is WhatsApp Web?
Whats App web is a platform where you can access your WhatsApp account on your desktop.
How do I know if someone is using my WhatsApp Web?
You can go to settings on your WhatsApp mobile app and see how many sessions are currently active. You can logout if you see any unknown session there.
It’s been nearly half a decade since people are using their WhatsApp accounts on their desktop with Web WhatsApp. You can easily send or receive messages through this platform. No doubt WhatsApp web isn’t that perfect as the mobile app, but it is surely getting better, and new features are being added regularly.